Research and Development Manager – Uganda
Research and Development Manager - Uganda
Job Purpose: Responsible for creating, improving and developing company products in accordance with market demands
Our client a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. They manufactures healthy beauty hair, skin and nail care products
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial and
• Keeping confidentiality of mixing formulas at all times.
• Results Orientated
• An understanding and knowledge of all regulatory
requirements with regard to the production of chemical
• Manage the product development process from formulation
to final approval.
• Ensure 100% compliance to the set protocol of product
development & laboratory works with standard regulatory
• Submit periodic reports to show product development
• Plan and conduct experiments to investigate and analyze
the occurrence of any side effects.
• Perform product reviews, verification and validation for
new& existing products to ensure conformity for customer
usage, market trends and required standards of quality
• Submit periodic reports on key reviewed products.
• Attend regular meetings with all stalk holders to evaluate
new/existing product progress and receive feedback.
• Oversee the product processing & manufacturing to
• Supervise the key product processes at the mixing stage.
• Oversee the laboratory testing activities.
• Generate and maintain a product data base for s
substantiating claims regarding the safety and efficacy of
produced products for both the national & international
• Effectively document of all findings, write ups, protocols
and other authorization regarding all MPL products.
• Manage the research team and on –site hair technicians.
• Supervise daily activities & deployments of the team.
• Coach and evaluate performance of the team.
• Make monthly departmental reports.
• Have regular briefs, training and meeting with the entire
• Make work schedules and assignment of key tasks for the
• Do any other assignment that may be assigned to you from
time to time.
• Express a high degree of flexibility and availability.
Working Relationship: Working closely with Top Management, teams of Quality Control, Stores, production, National regulatory bodies and other company clients.
• Factory based
• Ability to have flexible working hours, beating deadlines &
managing stress and great levels of work pressure
• Ability to work under a noisy environment
• Wearing of personal protective gear at all-time especially in
Please send cv asap email@example.com